The scheme recognises excellence and will help distinguish you from your competition.
CERTIFICATION CONFIRMS YOUR OPERATIONS MEET OR EXCEED THE COMPLIANCE AND PERFORMANCE EXPECTATIONS OF EMPLOYEES, REGULATORS AND THE COMMUNITY.
Resonsible Care New Zealands’ unique PRINCE® accreditation scheme confirms site operations are compliant, ensuring you are receiving maximum value for your’ SH&E budget. The scheme recognises excellence and will help distinguish you from your competition.
When you sign up for the PRINCE® site compliance accreditation programme, it demonstrates you take your SH&E responsibilities seriously by accepting you must protect your employees, your local community and the environment from harm. PRINCE® accreditation proves your business is a conscientious corporate citizen – one people can be confident in doing business with.
By completing a comprehensive SH&E checklist employers can assess the extent to which they comply with New Zealands’ mandatory workplace health & safety regulations and environmental protection requirements. Check your business into the PRINCE® accreditation programme today – and obtain independent confirmation that your business is compliant.
Every employer understands the importance of maintaining a safe and healthy workplace. Your PRINCE accreditation is an excellent, cost effective demonstration to employees, regulators, enforcement agencies, the community and potential business partners that your site operations meet or exceed national and internationally accepted SH&E performance. Prince® proves you are serious!REQUEST APPLICATION FORM
A PRINCE SITE ASSESSMENT BENEFITS
- Recognition: Certification confirms your operations meet or exceed the compliance and performance expectations of employees, regulators and the community.
- Proof: Independent verification your business meets all local, regional and national SH&E regulations and consent requirements.
- Efficiency: Use your detailed PRINCE® report to improve your business performance and achieve savings.
- Status: Send the message that your business meets and exceeds world class SH&E performance standards.
- Protection against litigation: PRINCE® accreditation includes an assessment of your compliance with ‘Approved HSNO Codes of Practice’ and proves you routinely recognise hazards and take every practical precaution to eliminate or minimize potential problems.
- Commitment: Help us demonstrate that industry is able to police itself to a high standard, thereby avoiding further expensive regulation and intervention. An RCNZ PRINCE® accreditation helps differentiate your operations from the competition, enhancing your business opportunities while protecting people and our precious environment.
Your business can achieve two levels of recognition:
- PRINCE®: recognises your company complies with SH&E protection legislation, and best practice.
- PRINCE® GOLD: Confirms your company’s commitment to superior SH&E performance through successful product stewardship initiatives and innovative ‘customer care’ schemes.
PRINCE® assessments are undertaken by highly qualified and experienced assessors. Assessments include your management system, interviews with staff, customers, contractors and local regulators. Each site receives a PRINCE® accreditation valid for between one to three years, determined by the level of risk associated with your operations.
If your operations don’t meet the required Prince® performance standards, our comprehensive report identifies remedial action required and recommends solutions. Our expert advisors continue to assist you achieve certification.
Many employers believe certification to either the ISO 9000 series or ISO 14001 series, proves compliance with SH&E regulations. This is incorrect. Responsible Care reflects New Zealand legislation and international best practice. The Responsible Care® Management System incorporates national performance standards in the form of ‘Approved Codes of Practice’ which define compliance.
Prince® accreditation can incorporate ISO certification but goes much further, namely a comprehensive assessment of your legal and moral obligations as a “good employer”. PRINCE® is both a management system and a performance assessment.
JOIN THE LEADERS
Responsible Care® is recognised in 53 countries worldwide and has the enthusiastic support of not just chemical suppliers, but by everyone who wishes to safely manage chemicals in the workplace.
Responsible Care® is applicable to every business, particularly smaller, less well resourced operations which don’t have the expertise or experience to ensure compliance.
HOW DOES IT WORK?
- You complete and return the PRINCE® application form together with the appropriate registration fee.
- Our Technical Manager will contact you to discuss the process.
- When you register your site(s), you receive a Prince® checklist to complete and return for analysis.
- We then submit our quote for one or more sites and confirm suitable dates.
- The assessors provide the chief executive with a comprehensive report, focusing on recommended remedial actions.
- Each site deemed to be compliant is awarded with:
PRINCE® or PRINCE® GOLD accreditation, valid for one to three years and normally presented by the Minister for Labour at an appropriate ceremony.
Enrol in the PRINCE® accreditation programme today and start sending the right message to your customers.
Yes, I wish to learn more about the PRINCE® accreditation scheme and how it will assist me to add value to my operation.REQUEST APPLICATION FORM
WHY JOIN RESONSIBLE CARE® NEW ZEALAND?
RCNZ is recognised by government and industry as a trusted source of timely and credible technical advice about compliance with workplace health and safety and environmental protection, particularly the safe management of chemicals, including hazardous substances and dangerous goods.
RCNZ ensures members’ interests are reflected in the development and implementation of safety, health and environmental (SH&E) protection policies, regulations, performance standards, and compliance options.