CHEMCALL® is a 24-hour, 365 day Emergency Response Service
CHEMCALL 24/7 EMERGENCY RESPONSE SERVICE
Businesses manufacturing, storing, importing, transporting or disposing of hazardous substances and Dangerous are legally required to protect their employees, the community and the environment.
This obligation requires a quick and effective response when an incident or spill occurs.
Operated by Responsible Care New Zealand (RCNZ) and funded by industry subscribers. CHEMCALL is available at no charge to schools and the emergency services. The service is provided as part of the international chemical industry’s safety, health and environmental (SH&E) protection programme.
CHEMCALL IS THE PERFECT SOLUTION TO HELP YOU MEET YOUR MANDATORY EMERGENCY RESPONSE REQUIREMENTS.
CHEMCALL is a national resource offering instant access to fast and accurate technical advice from local industry experts 24 hours a day, 365 days a year. We recommend you promote “0800 CHEMCALL” on product labels, safety data sheets, Transport documents, telephone directories and after-hours answer services.
CHEMCALL PROVIDES 24/7 ACCESS TO EXPERT ADVICE ON CONTAINING AND SUCCESSFULLY MANAGING THE CHEMICAL BASED INCIDENT:
- Access to technical information including Safety Data Sheets (SDS), timely accurate advice about correct protective clothing and procedures to be followed.
- Liaison with emergency services (police, fire, ambulance), local authorities and medical services.
- Quick action to minimise the potential risk and effects posed by hazardous substances to the local community and the environment.
- Cleanup procedural advice and access to qualified cleanup and disposal operators.
- Access to national and international chemical databases and resources, the National Poisons Centre plus the combined knowledge and expertise of the international chemical industry.
- A detailed record of how the incident was managed.
A Safety Data Sheet (SDS) is a vital resource in successfully managing any chemical emergency. It is imperative the SDS is compliant with the HSNO legisation.
Please Call our Technical Manager 04 499 4311 for an obligation free quote.REGISTER INTEREST
WHY JOIN RESONSIBLE CARE® NEW ZEALAND?
RCNZ is recognised by government and industry as a trusted source of timely and credible technical advice about compliance with workplace health and safety and environmental protection, particularly the safe management of chemicals, including hazardous substances and dangerous goods.
RCNZ ensures members’ interests are reflected in the development and implementation of safety, health and environmental (SH&E) protection policies, regulations, performance standards, and compliance options.