Responsible Care NZ adds value to your business by encouraging and enabling compliance.
WE WORK WITH OUR MEMBERS IN PARTNERSHIP WITH GOVERNMENT AND THE COMMUNITY.
Responsible Care New Zealand represents approximately 85% of New Zealand’s major manufacturers and importers of hazardous substances. Our focus on superior SH&E performance attracts a diverse membership that also includes the armed forces, state-owned enterprises, local authorities, legal practices, distributors, retailers, transport operators and hospitals.
Employers are directly responsible for the safety of their employees and the public, as well as minimising any adverse impact on the environment. However, many managers have neither the time nor the resources to interpret the law and identify where their operation may be at risk.
Responsible Care®is a comprehensive quality management programme developed and written by New Zealand industry specialists which will assist employers to meet their moral and legal obligations under present and pending legislation.
Members have the opportunity to participate in the debate over issues which could affect the industry.
THE ANNUAL MEMBERSHIP SHOULD BE MEASURED AGAINST THE COST OF:
- Access to technical information including Safety Data Sheets (SDS), timely accurate advice about correct protective clothing and procedures to be followed.
- Liaison with emergency services (police, fire, ambulance), local authorities and medical services.
- Quick action to minimise the potential risk and effects posed by hazardous substances to the local community and the environment.
- Cleanup procedural advice and access to qualified cleanup and disposal operators.
- Access to national and international chemical databases and resources, the National Poisons Centre plus the combined knowledge and expertise of the international chemical industry.
- A detailed record of how the incident was managed.
TALK TO US TODAY TO CONFIRM HOW OUR PRODUCTS AND SERVICES CAN HELP YOU SAFEGUARD STAFF AND CUSTOMERS, WHILE RECOGNISING EXCELLENCE.
RCNZ ensures members’ interests are reflected in the development and implementation of safety, health and environmental (SH&E) protection policies, regulations, performance standards, and compliance options